SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anenemity

Waaay OT - security system woes

12 years ago

I know this is way off topic, but most of my GW time is spent in the kitchen forum and I really respect all of you and your opinions. The TKO must stick together.

Last night we woke up at about 2:30 am to our dog barking. He usually doesn't bark in the middle of the night, so DH went down to investigate. Turns out the freon lines to our air conditioners were cut to drain out all the refrigerant. This happened to us last year - the lines were cut and then the coils were stolen a few days later at a cost of $4000 to replace. We have our home alarm system hooked up to the heat pumps. The security system was armed and the line was cut, but the alarm did not go off. So I guess my question is - How much should we expect the security company to do about it? Obviously they'll repair their cut security line and troubleshoot the problem at no cost to us. But should we expect them to cover the cost of having the refrigerant line repaired? Should they comp us the cost of monitoring service ($30/month)? For how long?

We think that they ought to pay for the refrigerant line to be replaced, but I want to make sure this is a reasonable request and not a result of my anger and frustration with the situation.

Comments (8)