SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dcrd

Ah, further delays, (sigh) Rant--long post

On the good note--I now have a working micro again! At least I can heat up my food! Ah, a warm dinner. Yum! Of course the micro is full of wood dust at the moment (that much fiber I don't need in my diet) but that too shall soon be a thing of the past. Micro sure looks pretty!

On the not so good note--Lowe's has really messed up my appliances. First they told me that I could order a black dishwasher and have it paneled. I questioned that but was told no, it would work. Spoke to KD and had to cancel that order and order an integrated one. Since I had ordered other appliances at the same time, I had to cancel those and reorder those. OK, it took some time, but that was done.

Then had DB (dear boyfriend) order a cooktop from them (Lowes). They lost it for three weeks and couldn't find it!

Then Lowe's "delivered" (came, didn't leave appliances on my doorstep--thank goodness for small favors) my appliances four different times (after setting a date for delivery a long time away) without my knowledge or a phone call (would have told them to check their records as we had a delivery date scheduled and today wasn't it).

Then called Lowe's and arranged to have delivery to my home of my appliances and to call my contractor before they came (at least 1/2 hour) so he could meet them at my house. Had Lowe's read the instructions back to me twice. Lowe's came to deliver appliances but didn't call ahead. So no contractor there to meet them. So, no appliances. I called Lowes when I got home from work. No problem, they would deliver the next day. Called the next day to check what time they would deliver--too full with other deliveries and can't deliver.

I called the manager. Manager was great and stated someone would be over in a few minutes to deliver the appliances. About a half hour later, they showed up minus my range hood. I had to leave for work--already late and the contractor was here and could sign for the hood which Lowes stated they would deliver right away. I also saw that my Bosch range number was different than what was ordered. They even wrote that on their invoice. I asked about this and they stated Bosch changed the number of their appliances all the time and it was fine. So, I noted when I signed for the range that the model number was different than what I ordered.

I called Lowe's again and they couldn't find the hood. Told them to check in a certain spot in their store and they found it and said they would deliver right away (7:15 in the morning). Contractor called me at 2:30 and stated no hood. Really needed this to know where to place the electrical as Bosch wasn't clear on their instructions on the internet, nor on the phone. I called Lowe's. Gee it still wasn't delivered? Guess they were still on their way. Hood was finally delivered at 3:00 PM. Contractor refused to sign for it. It looked like it had been dropped from a plane at 30,000 feet. Entire box was smashed. Contractor wouldn't even open it. Lowe's assured me everything was fine. I told them to order me a new hood. Lowes stated it was going to be another two weeks as it was a special order.

Well, my contractor just opened the box my range (two weeks later) so the granite template could be done. Wanted to install my range. It is NOT my range I ordered but the most beautiful wall oven I have ever seen. Called Lowe's again and asked for a manager. Manager wouldn't be in until the next day.

Called the manager the next day. Told him to order me a new range--will take 2 to 3 weeks to get. This delays my kitchen and other jobs for my contractor. Not acceptable. Lowe's states there is nothing they can do (other than to get me a different range--which would probably take two to three weeks to get). Manager wants to know if I want the wall oven instead. I replied only if you also order me my new range and don't charge me for the wall oven. Lowe's offers me a $200 gift card to their store instead to spend on my next purchase at Lowes! At this point in time, I am not likely to spend anything there again!

So, my kitchen is delayed another 2--3 weeks waiting for my range. Can't template my granite until the range is in as they want to measure the ends of the granite exactly with the range in place. So, that is delayed 2--3 weeks. Then it will take time to template and cut the granite--another week. Since I am doing full granite backsplash--they template that after the counter granite is in. Another week.

This will now delay the installation of my flooring as I am putting new flooring in my living/dining room as well as my kitchen (same flooring). Can't do that until everything from the kitchen is back in the cupboards so I can move everything out of my dining and living room where all the kitchen stuff is currently located. So, I will be living with a mess for some time to come. Those of you with 9 months (or longer) remodel jobs, I don't know how you do it and stay sane. Ah, is Mercury retrograde or what? Did I do something to anger the kitchen gods? Life is happening here. Wish it wasn't.

Comments (7)