SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bluekitobsessed

Poll on cooking habits

bluekitobsessed
15 years ago

I'm curious as to how we use our kitchens! Please vote on how many times per week you use your kitchen for the main meal in these categories:

-- Gourmet cooking: I would define this as restaurant quality, e.g., three courses, all of which are cooked (salads and dessert don't count), involving elaborate steps with perhaps sauces, new or exotic cooking techniques, etc; fresh ingredients, trip to the store just for this meal, well planned, good for guests, etc. (feel free to modify my definition)

-- Everyday meals: from the pantry or freezer, maybe one pot meal/casserole/two courses, maybe for family, e.g., roasted chicken with potatoes & carrots, good for family but not necessarily impressive to guests (again, redefine as needed)

-- Leftover, Mom-doesn't-want-to-cook, go scrounge your own darn food type meals -- DiGiornio pizza goes here, folks!

-- None of the above: eat out

-- And, just to complicate things, meals cooked outdoors.

Since I'm starting this thread, I'll volunteer:

--1 or 2 "gourmet" meals/week

--2 or 3 everyday meals

Note that I have several recipes that overlap, for example shrimp and salmon recipes originally taken from Bon Appetit that my spoiled rotten family now considers everyday food.

--1 or 2 scrounge meals

--3 to 5 outdoor grilled or partially grilled meals -- hey, I live in California; why do we grill our Thanksgiving turkey? because we can :)

--eat out rarely

If I have enough responses and energy, I'll tally up the responses.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH