SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
singingsky_z5

Your Own Housecleaning Habits

singingsky_z5
13 years ago

Do you do housework daily? Do you have a best/favorite time of day to approach most of the chores? What is your reason for that choice? Are you organized in your approach to cleaning? I just thought the answers to these questions could be fun and perhaps provide some thoughts for others.

I am 60, my husband and our 30 year-old son live here. We have one cat. Hubby and I both have disabilities. I love to clean house and organize. We live in a 1200 sq. ft. newer mobile home.

Best time of day: Early morning (to beat the heat and because I have the most energy then). Along with everyday chores, I have two or three extras each day, on a list which is always kept, and which by closely following gets me all the way through the house once each week. This allows me to spend a small amount of time each day with the work while at the same time keeping up with it.

Being rather organized (or at least attempting to be), my approach is two-fold: (1) Room by Room, and (2) Making Good Use of Time (for example, on mopping day, I mop all through since the pail and mop are out; having the Pledge and dustcloth out means dusting throughout; same with the vacuum. I keep bathroom cleaning supplies in each of the two baths. And I love to cook and bake.

How about you??? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

Linda B.

Comments (21)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths