SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shmeal_gw

Please vote on pendant choices

shmeal
11 years ago

There are so many pendant choices out there! DH & I have finally narrowed it down to the four below. I would love to hear your opinions and have you vote on your favorite.

Here is a board of the other light fixtures we have already purchased. We have a large, very open great room so all of these light fixtures can be seen (not at once, but as you walk through the room, or change position or direction within the room). We will actually have two fans instead of a chandelier over the dining table.

Our island is 72" by 65". I was planning on hanging three fixtures. But, I am second guessing myself and wondering if I should I look for larger fixtures and only hang two? If any of you have a suggestion for a larger pendant (or even a small chandelier) that would look good with our lighting selections I would love to see them.

We are still waiting for our cabinet guy to finish up our sample doors so I don't have pictures to show of them, but they are simple recessed panels, white perimeter, dark walnut island.

#1 is 8" wide. This is the fixture I am leaning towards using. I like it, I don't love it. But whenever I create an Olioboard, or go through my saved images it always ends up getting chosen as an option. Maybe that's a sign that subconsciously this is the choice?

#2 is 10" wide. This is my favorite, but I worry about the bare bulb causing glare and DH doesn't really like it. He would accept it if I tell him this is the one I really want.

#3 is 5 3/4" wide. This is DH's favorite but I worry that it is going to be too small for the island and lost against the white wall cabinets. (sorry for the large image, I tried to resize it in TinyPic but it didn't seem to work)

#4 is 7 1/4" wide. This is a last minute contender. I have wanted to bring just a touch of bling into the kitchen and this seems to bring it in a more whimsical way than using crystals.

I look forward to hearing your opinions and seeing if you have any other suggestions.

Comments (23)