SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kuhnnie

To Punch or Not to Punch (color of cabinets!)

kuhnnie
13 years ago

I'm praying someone here has some photos they can share with me....we are doing an all-white kitchen and we get a ton of sunlight, so to keep it from being too glaring white, we're debating adding a punch of color by painting the interior of the white cabinets (which will be all clear glass-fronted).

We're thinking a muted grey or taupe to help bring out those colors in our calacutta countertop. My husband is more skeptical than I, but as we get closer to having to commit to our cabinet-maker (this week!) I am getting increasingly nervous and would love to see pictures if anyone else has done this.

I myself LOVE a white-on-white kitchen, so could easily go that way, but the idea of the paint intrigues me as it would spice it up a little and make our plates and glassware pop as well. We will have the cabinet guy do a couple of samples so we can check it out..but pictures of a finished kitchen might really help us firm up a decision...(all I can find on the web are cabinets with interiors painted the same color as the exterior (blue on blue, etc.)

Below is a picture (of my KD's dining room) where she has a similar look...

Thank you!

http://www.chdresource.com/inspiration/dining-room?key=233

Comments (4)