SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pennylaney

Punch List?

pennylaney
15 years ago

Hi,

We are ALMOST into our new home, and the builder wants to do the walkthrough soon. On Monday, DH and I went through the house, and wrote some things down. There were very few problems. We checked all outlets, lights, water, heat/cool, marks on walls, cabinets, windows, appliances, etc.

I guess there were about 12 minor things on the list, and I left the list in the house. The most important thing to me is marks on the pre-colored Hardiplank, and touchup paint has been ordered. I think the installers were a bit rough on it.....

The builder has had all of the things on the list fixed (except for those marks!). After moving into our previous home 18 years ago, we had problems for about a month, such as the A/C condensation pump (caused a minor flood), oven stopped working, etc., so I'm a bit nervous.

What things might I be missing that I can check during the final walkthrough? I'm sure there are things that you guys know about, that we haven't thought of. Also, should we hold back the final 10% draw until the siding marks (and anything else we find) are taken care of, or should we just go with the flow? The guy has been very straightforward with us throughout the build - we think :p

Thanks,

PennyLaney

Comments (4)