SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chris427503

Sloppy Work and Punch List

chris427503
6 years ago

Greetings all. I am having an apartment re-done in NYC and am using a contractor that came highly recommended both by my building and people I know in the building.

I am noticing that as the job goes along, a few things seem to be getting rushed and the work seems to be getting more sloppy.

Some of the work has come out really perfect, which is why I am so baffled.

Examples:

- the kitchen we installed has cabinets that are still uneven. We have not installed the counters yet, so are they waiting for that before the final perfecting?

- we had new closet doors put in (there are 3 doors, each split in half for a total of 6) and they are totally uneven and none of them line up with each other

- they did not sand and scrape the window sills before painting

- there is significant damage to the floor, despite the use of masonite. Seems like some small rocks got under the boards, and with the contractors walking on top of them all day in heavy boots, the floors are now really chipped in parts

- another new door has a chunk of wood missing out of the top, sloppy paint

My question is this: 1) is this all stuff for the punch list and I am making a mountain out of a mole hill at this point? Or 2) should I be complaining as I go?

When I do bring these things up, I get a "Yeah, we know" but then nothing is done about it. And I can't tell if it's because they are ignoring me or planning to get to it later.

Comments (6)