SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jencjudd_gw

Need help picking a kitchen faucet

jencjudd
14 years ago

I have too many decisions to make...I feel like I'm going crazy, and if it weren't for GW, I might already be crazy by now!

I'm trying to pick a kitchen faucet. At first, I was going with a bridge, a very expensive choice (Perrin and Rowe English bronze w/sidespray). I was wanting ORB, and the bronze finish on the P & R is lovely. However, this selection has kept me up at night, worrying about the price, my kids abusing it, and putting a bunch of holes in the granite (I also want a soap dispenser and a cold filtered water dispenser as well).

So, now I'm looking at pull-down faucets, but my worries there are dangling faucet heads, etc. I've run many searches over here and in the plumbing section, and I've narrowed it down to a couple of possibilities, but I'm still unsure about the choice. Plus, I'm wondering if I should go with a brushed nickel instead of ORB for these, since neither of my two possible pull-downs have that same bronze look that the Rohl faucet has.

So, to sum up, I'm looking at these pull-downs:

Kohler Vinnata in ORB or Vibrant BN

Grohe Bridgeford in ORB or BN

And, I haven't yet ruled out my original selection, which, of course, is not a pull-down.

Can anyone weigh in on these faucets? I know many here have the Vinnata and are happy; anyone have it in ORB? How is it with the nylon tubing on the pull-down? Does it retract well? What about you Bridgeford owners? I like that the Bridgeford has the metal tubing, which seems sturdier to me. The ORB finish seems a bit more black and matte to me, and I'm not sure that is going to look right with my other choices (Star Beach granite, Cafe Brown silgranit sink).

Does anyone have the Perrin and Rowe bridge? Love it? Is it worth the $$, and is it durable (i.e., can it withstand many small, grubby hands twisting handles and pulling on the spout?)?

I have questions about the choice of finish, but I'll leave that for a future post...this post is already long enough!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jen

Comments (3)