SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellacucina_gw

Please look: L-shaped or straight banquette in layout???

bellacucina
13 years ago

Hi there, Please give me your thoughts on these 2 banquette options. I think I like the L-shaped better. KD likes the straight, b/c she says it opens up the floorplan and flow to family room, but to me it feels like an extension of the counter, and less cozy.

So here is my DHÂs rough sketchup layout of what hopefully will become our kitchen/family room redo. A half-wall currently divides the kitchen and family room - - but to gain room in the kitchen we are taking down the half-wall and extending the counters, and replacing a rectangular kitchen table with the banquette. The range shown is a 48; weÂre actually doing a 36. On the wall you canÂt see Âbehind the island stools- will be a wall oven/microwave and pantry. The window position over the banquette might change too.

To give you an idea of the rest of the house, to the left of the kitchen is our dining room & living room; in the foreground (thru the angled wall) is the foyer and front door; the door opposite the banquette goes to a small mudroom and garage door.

Kitchen dimensions are approx. 23 long by 11 wide. Thank you !! âº

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio