SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bellacucina_gw

Help decide banquette layout (and other questions)...

bellacucina
13 years ago

Hi! I posted about banquette options before, with drawings my DH made with Sketchup but they werenÂt as exact as the KD drawings below (thank you if you responded to my post!) Here are 2 KD drawings showing an L-shaped banquette facing fam. rm, and another L-shaped facing the kitchen. Sorry the numbers are so hard to read!

We are planning a renovation using existing space, but are adding windows, and moving the door from kitchen to family room - we're trying to make the kitchen and fam.rm feel more integrated so that guests 'flow' into the fam.rm. rather than congregate in the kitchen. And to maximize kitchen size. Right now we have a rectangular table for 6 (for our family of 4--2 DDs 14 & 11) in the space where the banquette would be.

Please help me decide whether the banquette option works, and if so, which configuration (facing fam.rm or facing kitchen makes more sense? (I think I am 2D-visually challenged. If I see it in a photo, IÂm much better, but with drawings --not so much. . .) IÂm driving my DH and KD nuts  if you think a banquette works here please let me know!

Also, is the off-center sink & range (in relation to the sink window, and island) unusual/awkward?

Finally, if you have any thoughts on where a message nook could be located in this space? Right now we have a desk (full of clutter and a computer) where the oven/pantry wall will be. The desk will be gone, and computer will go to the office and weÂll use laptops in the kitchenÂ.but we havenÂt figured out the where to put phones/pens etc.

Thanks so much for any advice on these or other issues you might see!!

Comments (11)