SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jcoxmd

Please help with colors/floor ideas-might be fun!

jcoxmd
13 years ago

I have reached the point in planning when I need to make some decisions about colors and finishes. The kitchen is small (about 12x 12) but with an adjoining pantry for food storage and the microwave. The house is about 120 years old, and the kitchen will remain a separate space, but is visible from the living room/parlor and needs to make sense in the big picture.

Things that are decided:

Beadboard on the walls, including behind some open shelves.

Soapstone counter with a small baking area that will be marble.

Flooring needs to be tile-hoping for a magical dirt hiding surface that will allow a minimal grout line.

This backsplash tile behind the range: (is a creamy color with a lightish green pattern in person)

{{!gwi}}
This exact range (bought on Craig's list, currently languishing in MIL's garage):

{{!gwi}}
(THIS IS NOT MY KITCHEN-it's a photoshopped attempt to see the range in some context. I do like the feel of it, though)

We have used SW Ivoire in several other rooms, and I was thinking it might be nice on the beadboard.

I am envisioning a calm, fairly monochromatic neutral space so that the range and the pottery that will be on the shelves can be the stars here. My KD has actually referred to my style in this room as "puritanical."

I need to figure out :

floor tile

cabinet colors (2 or 3 actually, as there are freestanding pieces)

color for the Big Chill fridge (probably a creamy color-is visible from the more formal rooms.)

Would appreciate any and all input.Thanks.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert