SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bermudafire

First Kitchen Remodel - Please help with layout.

bermudafire
12 years ago

We are in the planning phase of a remodel that includes relocating the kitchen. We have been working with a KD and have a layout that we would like to get feedback on. We welcome any and all ideas - even a completely new layout. All of the plumbing and electrical will be new so we are not tied to any appliance locations. Our curent kitchen has 2 27" upper cabinets a sink cabinet, and 6 27" lower cabinets. We are very excited to have the extra space and want to make sure we make good use of it.

Here is some general information.

We like the penensula because it separates the kitchen from the living/dining area but still feels open.

The sink and island are centered between two planned skylights. This centerline can shift either way in 12" incrememts.

The sink wall is the only exterior wall with a view. The door next to the ovens leads to the laundry room.

The kitchen leads to an open dining/living area.

Appliances:

36" range

42" built-in side by side

30" wall oven

speed oven and/or steam oven

The current layout has two ovens in a stack. If we end up deciding on a speed and steam, what is a good location for the 3rd (4th including the range) oven? Is this total overkill? Maybe this is a question for the appliance forum...

In our latest revision, we changed the upper cabinets on either side of the hood and are thinking about installing two windows (with frosted glass) above those cabinets.

The current layout has glass doors on either side of the sink and hood.

The kitchen will be used by multiple people at the same time. My wife and 2 kids all like to cook and are frequently using the kitchen at the same time.

I have added a link to an album with all the layout pictures.

This is my first post so let me know if I left out any information.

Thanks!!

From Kitchen Plans 051011

Here is a link that might be useful: Kitchen Layout

Comments (6)