SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tamarahl

Layout Help for my kitchen remodel, please

tamarahl
11 years ago

The current kitchen including the breakfast area is 26'6" X 14' and faces the garage, rather than the solarium (which is not optional but was built in 2000 when the house was built) unless you are at the sink. The kitchen is very dark due to the brown wood cabinetry and not too many windows in the working part of the kitchen. It also cannot be used comfortably by two chefs. I want to open up the kitchen to the solarium, and take out the wall between the two rooms, so you can see the backyard while you are making meals. I also want the kitchen to have two sinks, a bar area with two refrigerator drawers, good flow for entertaining, a desk, and a couch for people to sit and relax. We are a family of four with two boys, ages 5 and 10. We both love to cook and have 20 people over for dinner about 6 times a year. I want an elegant, calm space with plenty of counters, especially for buffets. I have already purchased some appliances, including a 42" Sub-Zero BI Refrigerator, a 27" Sub-Zero Integrated Wine Cooler, a 30" Wolf E Series Single Oven and 30" Wolf Warming Drawer (I lucked out with showroom display models that were sold at a huge discount this week). I plan to put in a 36" induction and Speed Oven, either Miele or GE Advantium or Elux. I am planning to take out the wall between the kitchen and solarium and put in LVL. I am very optimistic that this space can be transformed into something sensational, but I need you TKO gurus to step in, as I am too deep in the weeds to see clearly. I also plan to put in a mudroom, which will most likely be to the left of the breakfast area, where there is a 3rd garage (not in the attached drawing) that can be used for a 8' x 11' mudroom and will enter into the kitchen at the base of the back stairs. The current closet and door to the kitchen from the first garage, etc. will be closed off. I welcome your advice, input, questions, etc. Thank you.

Comments (11)