SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goinghome620

FIrst home - kitchen layout help, please...

goinghome620
10 years ago

Hello!

I have been stalking gardenweb for months now and have been enchanted by the amount of information, expertise and guidance provided by this community. With that said, I am eager to see there is someone that might be able to help me, please?

My husband and I just purchased our first home and are getting ready to embark on a kitchen remodel. I have attached our best attempt at a layout, but we are amateurs, at best. We want to make sure that our kitchen will be functional and fit our lifestyle. We are open to any and all suggestions, feedback, and criticism so that this kitchen is the best it can be!

A little about us and the house...
1) Current family of 2 - max 3 in the future. We would like to cook at home more, but are far from professionals. This kitchen will most likely never be more than a 1 cook kitchen.
2) We are renovating the entire house and are somewhat budget conscious. For that reason we would like to leave the sink where it is, but are open to other appliance moves.
3) We have tore down two walls so that the kitchen is now open to the entry way/dining room. We would like this area to become the social hub of the house to use for entertaining, cooking, living, and everything in between.
4) Since we are not avid cooks, we are not overly concerned with space. There will be a pantry off the kitchen.

I attached three pictures. 2 are hand drawn (sorry!) layouts of the kitchen. 1 is a close up view and the other so that you can get an idea for the space of the total view. The 3rd picture is a 3d view.

Thank you in advance for any and all help you are willing to provide! Warmest Regards.

Comments (6)