SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Drumroll please....dishwasher decison has been made.

beekeeperswife
14 years ago

As some of you know I was struggling with the decision to go with dish drawers or traditional dishwasher. I found the Kitchenaids on sale at Sears for 40% (glad to have helped out so many with that sale), but we didn't buy, ugh. So, at that point I took it as a sign. We went with the F&P drawers. Seems that so many of you do love them, or if you didn't love them you acknowledged the learning curve and now you do.

I went to a different local dealer who seems to really know their stuff (and not try to talk me out of them). The salesman even told me he went to F&P/DCS for a conference...they put a full cake in the top drawer and a frozen pizza in the bottom. They came back after the cyles were run and voila--it was gone.

Since I didn't buy it in tax-free Delaware (as we usually do since we are close to the line), I managed to get him to give me some extras to compensate--reduced installation, free 10 year warranty on both motors, free salt for the water softner, and discounted 5 year extended warranty that is through their store. Done. It's coming Friday.

I have ordered the Crate&Barrel sugar dispenser to use for the powdered dish soap, as suggested by GWers. I'm ready.

Thanks for all the encouragement and suggestions on this very difficult decision for me.

Ohhh, and if you have water in the bottom of your drawers, he said it might be because the hose is not at the right position in the back. There is not supposed to be water in the drawer when it's done.

Comments (12)