SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bostonpam_gw

please comment on my layout

bostonpam
14 years ago

I've been reading this forum for months and got so many great suggestions from all of you! I would like to order cabinets soon so please give me all your suggestions. Our house is an 1820's brick federal with a clappboard addition around ~1870's. The addition has been modified many times - the most significant is in the 1910's. We're going to modify the house again by bumping out the addition 6' to the street for a mud room and adding 8' in the back to expand the kitchen and add a half bath. I've decided to stay with 1910's moulding, etc. in this part of the house. [We're also doing other things like replacing the 1870's plumbing through out the house, converting the 2 family house back into a single family, modifying other rooms...]

I love to cook and we entertain 1 - 3 times a week. I'm getting a 48" blue star range (I'm so excited!!) plus 2 dishwashers (KA), Samsung 36" FD frig, undercounter frig, Rohl 30" sink and Franke undermount 14x17 sink in the island. The DW and UCF will be paneled. The frig will be white and the stove some shade of red. I'm leaning towards typhoon bordeaux or creama bordeaux for granite. Undecided with backsplash. Oak floors and cherry cabinets.

Ignore the half bath - this layout is wrong. For faucets - Kohler Vinnata and Groh pot filler. We will also have 2 tapmasters, Hafele foot pedal for trash, never MT and plugmold (all thanks to you). Still trying to figure out the vent for the stove. Please help with the layout!

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (7)