SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19696687

Desperately Seeking Comments on My Layout!!!

User
16 years ago

I�m redoing my kitchen and want to maximize its functionality but also have a nice looking kitchen. I finally have a layout that I think could work. See attached drawing.(1/4"=1')

The grey hatched rectangle in the center is a structural column, which is a big impediment. The only other thing that absolutely cannot be changed is the door next to the refrigerator. The room on the left is the dining room; the room at the bottom is the foyer. In this drawing, the doors to the kitchen from the DR and the foyer were changed to open the kitchen up to the DR and to improve the flow.

Currently there is a peninsula from the structural column to the east wall, which is perpendicular to the one drawn, and a bar on the opposite side of the column. The current configuration (not the drawing) is not very functional

Also note that there is both a range and a 2nd oven to its right.

The cabinets at the foot of the peninsula would only be above the counter; the others would be tall. I haven't decided whether to have cabinets on the walls above the oven, sink, dishwasher, etc.

I am so excited that I have something workable that I think I must be missing something. I would greatly appreciate your comments.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (4)