SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
64reno64

Desperately seeking layout advice!

64reno64
12 years ago

Well, here goes. We are in the middle of demo, and I was pretty happy with my kitchen plan, and then my contractor told me that the range has to be moved to the outside wall in order to vent it, because the joists run perpendicuar to the ducting. On top of it, I am out of town due to a family medical emergency, and my contractor needs to know if I am keeping the window over the sink in the existing plan. ARRGGHH!!! I need to figure out my kitchen layout to give him an answer!!

So Im hoping this wonderfully brillant community can provide some ideas as to what to do with my layout. I have been looking at the same plan for months now, and am having trouble seeing past it. The cabinet placement and location of the island can change and I can take out the window above the sink. If I simply swap the range and sink, will I still have a functional kitchen? Should I flp flop the pantry and the fridge? The cabinetry next to the pantry will be a work station (a place to put the bills, mail, laptop, phones, etc. with a filing cabinet below.) I am not against the idea of a corner range, although I've read that they take up a lot of space (and we will have a 36 inch range). No wall ovens.

So if anyone is able to give me any tips, they would be greatly appreciated.

I hope the diagram is legible for you...Ive neve rused photobucket and having trouble resizing. If anyone has tips on this, I'll try to improve it...everytime I try to add this, it looks different.

Comments (7)