SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nataliechantal

Total kitchen reno, help please!

NatalieChantal
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I am totally re-doing my kitchen for the first time, never done this before and have obsessed for MONTHS over the new layout. But now that we are actually moving forward with it I am scared of overlooking something that I will regret later! My GC is nice but he is a builder mostly and not very good at walking me through this process/hand-holding a nervous first-time remodeler!

We are gutting our current kitchen, turning it into a mudroom/laundryroom entry (right now you walk from my front door straight into my kitchen), and pushing the kitchen straight back into the back half of my DR. The future mudroom is 13x12ft with a built-in pantry. The pantry must stay and I am just changing the shelving to make it more usable. We'll be putting in a stacked washer/dryer set, a utility sink where the current kitchen sink is, and a big coat/boot rack area. The future kitchen will be 15ft7" x 12ft and I am putting in an L-shaped island which will house the range. One arm of that island will be USABLE butcher block (as in, can cut right on it), and the other kitchen countertops will be quartz, Dupont Zodiaq in Savory. Sink backaplsh will be Chateau marble tiles, and the hood will be the centerpiece, in Antique Copper by Modern-Aire. Fridge will be counter depth Samsung, range is 36" DCS, and sink and DW are not picked out yet but will be stainless. I am still waiting on the range hood quote and investigating butcher block sources (waiting on samples from Hardwood Lumber Co.), and need to find a place to get soapstone that I like! Cabinets, as per GC recommendation, will be Omega/Dynasty. I have a door sample ordered in the Bellehaven style on Knotty Alder in Nutmeg stain with Coffee glaze.

Pics and details are linked below.

So, what do you all think so far? I would love some input on what I have so far, and some help in what NOT to overlook! Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

Here is a link that might be useful: Current kitchen and plans

Comments (7)