SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
czarinalex

Layout help please for small coastal kitchen reno

czarinalex
6 years ago

We are looking to reno the kitchen in our coastal home. It's mostly just dh and I... I like to cook and prepare most meals from scratch.

Here are a couple of pics of the current kitchen

Here is my first attempt at a layout:

I want to move the refrig. over and widen the opening to the LR & DR. Current opening is only 30". We don't want to move walls(other than widen the opening) or change the windows. The corner full height cabinet has a sliding door(slides along side refrig. There is a lot of wasted space in that cabinet. We like eating in the kitchen and are very comfortable in counter height stools. We have a small ocean view out the window. I was inspired by this picture of a kitchen from the same model as our home.

There are things lacking in my layout. I don't want an OTR Microwave. Need space for a built in somewhere. I currently have garbage pail under the sink.. would like a pullout, but not a must have.

Our larger window is lower than the one above the sink. We can extend the counter over the window sill.

Finally, this is my inspiration kitchen for finishes. At this point, we are considering IKEA frames and doors from Sherr's. We do plan on investigating other cabinet companies as well as local custom cabinets.

I would really love to hear any suggestions on my initial layout!

Comments (17)