SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fiddleddd

Help with paint color for main living area.

fiddleddd
13 years ago

I'm looking for a great taupe/tan/beige tone to paint the main rooms in my house......living room, family room, all bedrooms, and hallway. (I'll do something different in the kitchen, baths, and laundry).

What I have in mind is a color that can kind of go with anything......will kind of take on the color of anything you put with it. That's because we don't have any furniture picked out yet, and I don't really have a color scheme. Yet we'd like to go ahead and paint the walls before the new hard wood floor goes in.

I'm going to have white painted woodwork (I'll also need help with that eventually, but that won't be as hard, I don't think), and I'd like a wall color that is distinctly darker (a real contrast) to the white, yet not too dark. I generally tend to not like the yellow-ish and caramel-ish shades, but that's not to say I couldn't be convinced. :-)

We're down-sizing to a much smaller home. We gutted everything, so it's like a brand new home. We have 1800 sq. ft. to paint, and I'm having difficulty. Always before when we've painted, we picked a paint color to go with other elements in the home. This time the door is wide open. There isn't anything else to match, because with the down-sizing we're going to have to buy all new (smaller) furniture. The one thing we've committed to is bisque colored (off white) painted cabinets for the kitchen and stainless steel appliances. Haven't even selected the granite countertops yet. Our taste is somewhere between traditional and transitional.

Please give me your advice. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Comment (1)