SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

I hate the color in our main living areas

lyfia
15 years ago

We purchased an already started home from a custom builder and even back then I questioned the color choosen for the walls because I'm not a strong color or dark color person. I decided to let it go as it is a nice color overall and many like it and I thought maybe I could live with it. I figured it is just paint and I can paint it later if I want to. Well 9 months later and with more furniture etc. I like it less and less every day. Only time I like the color is with lots of sunlight on it as it is then more washed out and cream looking. Here are some pics (mainly from soon after move-in).

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

I'm now to the point of finding a painter to have it re-done as I'm unable to do it myself right now and don't feel like waiting several months until I can.

Any suggestions for colors I could repaint. I thought of white washing over it to tone it down, but not so sure I'd like the faux effect everywhere either. I like faux in smaller quantities, but this is an open plan and in all the main areas I'm not so sure and afraid it would look too pastel.

The color needs to work with cobalt blue (have lots of blue accessories and fabrics in blue), green (accessories and fabric on living chairs, and goldish colors (countertop and tanish/greenish/gold sectional). At my old house I had SW quiet veranda - old formula and really liked it, but would like some change as I had that color for 7 years.

Here is my old house color:

{{!gwi}}

I don't want white, but want something with a hint of color, but do not want it to look pastel, I know I sound really picky. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (50)