SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lori316_gw

Last minute bath redo-help with color

lori316
16 years ago

(been so long since I've stopped in here!)

I know there's a bathroom forum, but you guys are way more better-er. :)

At about 3:00 yesterday afternoon we decided to make some minor changes to our dated bathroom. We'll do a full remodel in the spring/summer, but it needs to be cleaned up a bit for the holidays.

I need to pick a paint color.

Short story long:

Everything is from when we bought the house. Floor tile is light grey and white, which I don't mind. Tub, sink, toilet are grey. Fixtures (light & medicine cabinet) were dark brown FUGLY. We figured we'd paint them and brighten it up. I wanted a white, but we ended up going with a light grey (I hate compromise! ;)

Here's my problem(s). Wall tile (1/2 way up) is the same grey color (grout is darker grey) as on the floor but the trim is blue. Now I love blue, but this is not a good color. I can't describe it except to say maybe a dingey baby blue. I can't explain why, but it just doesn't match. It's not alot, but...*shiver*

I've tried throwing red accessories in there and it seemed to distract from the blue, but I'm not sure painting the walls would give the same results. DH doesn't want dark because it's a small room, but I think it's a good time to try something bold since it's temporary.

Should I try to match the blue and suck it up for a few months? Should I ignore the blue? Should I just go with something more generic...more of a silver/grey and continue to accessorize with other colors, ignoring the blue?

Suggestions?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm