SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
angieszen

HELP! Bailing on Carrera tile at last minute - how crazy is this?

angieszen
13 years ago

I have been having trauma over the marble tile I ordered not going with any Ceasarstone white. It arrived yesterday (could not cancel it as it had already shipped)- it is very beautiful (Waterworks 2X9 Carrera) and I saw it today in an Organic White kitchen (at a showroom). It looks great! BUT...totally not for me. It doesn't go with my fabric that I wanted to lead the accent colors in the room (the designer I am paying says it goes but I don't agree) and I just painted my cabinets Dove White which may look odd with the tile. My floors are golden oak...and at the end of the day, it is not "me". So I am going to have to sell the tile on Ebay or something...moving on...

So I made the decision to go back to original plan of White Kitchen...which is what I wanted all along but it was derailed when DH said NO to Carrera counter...enter Carrera tile and you see how I ended up down the wrong road.

So ...here is my question...I am going to do WHITE like I wanted but I see the need to break up the white storm with something...a little contrast. I decided on Buttermilk Ceasarstone. Not huge contrast but a little bit of texture with those funky bubbles and a nice creamy tan going on. Cabinets are painted Dove White. Now I am thinking a White Subway Backsplash. There will be color in a few glass cabinets (blue), on wall (F&B skylight), fabric, base of farm table peninsula (green) and pendants (red).

I was feeling good about this ...done with it all ... free for the first time in months...but now, here I am, second guessing again. Will the counter just look dingy next to whites? I do not want a dark counter. Do I do Blizzard? Ugh! I just talked myself out of white/white/white.

Should I just kill myself now? Can I kill my husband for not letting me do marble counters and making this whole equation so confusing?

Oh, my GW hand holders...please tell me it will be OK...or give me some ideas. I am doing counter to wall subway tiles on wall with hood that will be SO much white (but look fab with modernair hood I bought instead of sending my kids to college).

They are bring in cabinets tomorrow...I have to give my GC countertop color...is Buttermilk a good idea?

I am attaching link to my kitchen photos - it includes photos of Carrera with marble tiles and Buttermilk with fabric (note: color not correct on Buttermilk in showroom pic) I must give you link because I simply can't master the photo insert part of this board...

Here is a link that might be useful: Amacs kitchen

Comments (18)