SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

It's happened AGAIN - my amazing luck on eBay continues!

My3dogs ME zone 5A
15 years ago

I can't believe it, and it's JUST dumb luck, truly. I DO spend a fair amount of time searching through eBay for what I want, as in the case of this coffee table.

My current one is an old wooden trunk that I got at a local auction 20 years ago and refinished, put on new leather handles, and lined with wallpaper. I like it, but I wanted something 'lighter' to make my 10' x 25' living room look a bit more open. I also needed something small, unlike most new pieces, which are way too large.

I spied this vintage brass beauty (to me) on eBay at the start of the 10 day auction. Waiting was awful. It's in excellent condition and the size is great at approx. 29" x 17 1/2" x 16 1/4" tall. It's from the 1970's and made in Italy, with beautiful patina. I know this will not appeal to all, but I think it's perfect for my room.

Can you picture this in front the Craigslist Hancock and Moore Chesterfield sofa? I CAN! Eclectic rules in my house.

So I put in a last minute bid and last night at 10:34, it became mine, for $341, more than I unusually pay, but far less than many I had seen and not liked as well. I've been pricing coffee tables, and they can be very expensive.

And here is where the bargain came in. This afternoon after work, I Googled 'faux bamboo brass table'. Don't know why, as I had what I wanted, but LOOK AT WHAT I FOUND in the link below.

1stdibs has the same 1970's table, but NOT in the great condition that mine is, for $1000!

Mine has NO scratches and the glass is also perfect. It's winging it's way to me now from Nebraska. I can't believe that one glass table that is 35+ years old made it through the 70s til now, let alone two, but I am doing ANOTHER Happy Dance! Pics below are from the auction.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pricey one here at 1stdibs

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida