SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
freesia577

Window treatment options for shallow window??

Freesia577
11 years ago

We just replaced some bedroom windows, and I had planned to use the same TD/BU Hunter Douglas Duette cellular blinds that I have in other rooms. But the new windows have only 1" depth for the window stop, and all the blinds I've looked at project forward at least 1 7/8". (The Hunter Douglas Duettes project forward about 2 1/4", but only where the cords are - the rest of the mount is about 1 1/2" deep. I'm afraid it's it going to look totally weird if the blind projects forward from the stop this much, and is offset from the window casing, as the photo shows. What do you think? I really wanted inside mount TD/BU and had planned on cellular blackout shades.

If that's not going to work, another option would be to have a simple cornice over the the upper window casing, and have an outside mount cellular blind that can be retracted in the cornice. I'd like to come up with something that will look decent if the blinds are open at the top of the window to reveal the 4 upper panes, but closed down below. With an outside mount, how wide in relation to the casing should the blinds be, and still effectively block light?

Any other suggestions for how to handle these windows? Although they would probably look good as a top layer, I'm trying to avoid full length drapes. There are two identical windows on the same wall.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (4)