SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sbm321

Color gurus -- need help with BM gold paint

Sueb20
15 years ago

My painters are starting tomorrow and I still don't have my paint picked out! Right now I have BM Dijon and BM Desert Tan swatched on the wall (also have Harvest Time, which is almost identical to Desert Tan as far as I can tell). I actually have a certificate in decorative arts, have worked as a decorator, but I can NOT find the right color for this room! My woodwork is dark and the room doesn't get a ton of natural light, but I don't want a pale or wimpy color. The Desert Tan is just a hair too pale for me, but the next color on the strip (can't remember what it is just now) is too dark. The Dijon is too dark (DH says it's too "butternut squashy") but the next color down is too pale. I've tried Westminster Gold and Goldfinch -- too dark or bright. The dining room opposite the foyer is BM Stuart Gold which for me was a "wild" color choice but we rarely use the DR so it works for me. I was trying to find a gold color for the LR that is "milder" than the Stuart Gold but that will work with it since you can see both rooms from the foyer. Any suggestions?

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz