SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loves2read

Possible bedding for Master in FL vacation home

loves2read
11 years ago

We have bought home in FL that is vacation home--still furnishing it

Have white bedroom set in Master -- bought from Rooms to Go--

coastal look--faux cane in section on headboard...have bedside tables and double dresser to match (my husband likes sets)...

the flooring is engineered wood with light tan/gray/brown driftwook kind of effect--

nicer look than what is in rest of the house

Wallas are painted SW Khaki with white trim

We got some window coverings at BBB when we were there --

just off white with nickel-finish rod for the patio door and sheers on tension rodsj in the two sidelight windows either side of the bed

Trying to find bedding that is not too "tropical or coastal" with things like shells and palm trees...and don't want just one color for accent...like blue and white...

My daughter says no more beige...or white...

the bathroom ensuite will be rennovated in year or so--

it is original to the 70s house and painted lighter tan/beige with maroon swirley faux marble counters and white/gray cabs...but not that visible in bedroom to make a difference...

Found this on Belk's online site--don't usually shop there--but haven't had much looking other places...

My husband said it's ok with him---

my concern is that it is too pastel, too young...

although some things I have to frame/hang as art are vintage FL map printed on handkerchief and some vintage travel ads that have the same pastel colors--they are kind of 50s vintage...

Framing them in white to match trim/furniture when I get back to FL in Thanksgiving---they aren't stock sizes...

Too young?

Here is a link that might be useful: Possible bedding

Comments (5)