SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

My Halloween Decs (Lots of Pics!)

lynninnewmexico
10 years ago

Zipdee's great Halloween decs got me revved up to put up my own. I tend to go a little overboard decorating for Halloween and Christmas and have 4 large bins of decs to put up in the next few days, as we're leaving on a 5-day trip to Dallas early next week. So, please forgive me for posting photos taken previously of my decorated house. By the time I get everything up this week, I'll be on a plane heading off. But, I do put everything up the same way, so here it is. Warning, this is a pic-heavy post!
Lynn

My living room. BTW, my Halloween "paintings" are several of those plastic holiday door covers that I cut up to cover the real paintings in my living and dining rooms for Halloween:

The wrinkles in the plastic only show up with a flash photo; in real life, they're hardly noticeable. The mantle cover is actually a Halloween window valance, which was much cheaper

On the game table in the corner of our living room, I create this bubbling cauldron:

On an end table in our living room. The photo is one I took years ago of DD in a Halloween costume I made for her as "Autumn":

The entire wine cabinet is decorated, but here's a pic of the very top of it. I love that Halloween cat of mine!

On to the dining room! This is my buffet in there:

Our dining room table set for the holiday. I pride myself on being creative as I try and save money where I can. I couldn't find purple chargers to go under my dinner plates, so I bought gold ones on sale cheap and spray painted them purple. The black plates were a steal at Goodwill. I made the napkins and decorated Dollar Store wine glasses and the small (old) white dessert plates myself to get the look I wanted.

I also made my napkin rings out of heavy cards glued onto wide black ribbon that I sewed elastic between:

Our table is 9 1/2 feet long, so when we eat, we push the centerpieces down to one end:

But, everyone gets their own mini-arrangement. I make them in a set of old silver wine glasses I have (I use them at Christmas, too, with different arrangements)

And finally, our foyer . . .because, of course, a foyer always sets the scene for visitors (LOL).
We have a boveda ceiling in our foyer (it's an arched ceiling made with 100+ y/o bricks. I drape the light fixture in there with spider webs and my favorite tarantula, Gus:

Here it is lit up, but before I attached Gus:

The foyer's antique hutch holds our collection of Halloween books. I'm especially proud of the "Boo, Bunny!" book, as it was written by my cousin, Kathryn Galbraith (who has written at least twenty childrens' and young adult books):

Hope you enjoyed my decs. I'm off to pack for our Dallas trip now!
Lynn

This post was edited by lynninnewmexico on Fri, Oct 11, 13 at 17:39

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz