SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bettyd_z7_va

finally......... halloween pics (lots of pics)

bettyd_z7_va
14 years ago

Before you see the pics I want you to squint and pretend that the fine, VERY expensive, flatware is nice and straight.

When I uploaded these pics and saw that they had gotten bumped and weren't straight, I promptly straightened them and went to get my camera to get a better pic. Of course, I got sidetracked and forgot until after we had eaten and I had cleared the table. I'm too lazy to reset it, so use your imagination!

As I wrote in another post, it took me so long to have the Halloween dinner for the kids that I had to rewash the dishes and get the dust off of the table before we could enjoy it!!

I tried to have all of the kid's favorite foods. Baked chicken breasts, shrimp scampy, baked sweet potatoes, fresh cooked kale, (which I forgot and left in the microwave until I remembered while I was cleaning up the kitchen!)biscuits, and orange jello in pumpkin and leaf shapes with whipped cream.

The quality of the pics is not the best. I was trying to not use the flash and some are blurry.

I saw a feather boa wreath that someone had posted and liked it, so I bought the boas, already had the grapevine wreath, and 15 year old DS made the wreath for me. It was his idea to stick the cute little blow-up pumpkin in it.

The grim reaper in the corner is the mask he wore for a Halloween party hanging on the butter churn in the corner. Another of his ideas. One of the capes hanging on the chairs is his. I had bought the stuff to be Lady Godiva(or a witch with pretty, LONG, fake, lashes), but didn't feel like fooling with it, so I used the cape with his for this tablescape.

A little mood lighting....

The purple skulls on each side light up also, but I think the batteries were about dead and they don't show up in the picture.

I had found these cute little candle holders at a GW store about 40 miles away when I had taken Aunt B there for a Dr's appointment.

I have to share this shot with y'all....

This was the 4 straight days of heavy rain from Hurricane Ida coming thru Virginia. I liked the raindrops on the door.

DS created this...

Please ignore the treadmill in the background. Moving it is on my 'To Do' list. (I can't quit playing with dishes long enough!)

If you look closely, you can see DS's signature Mini-Cooper that he slipped into the tablescape....

This has become a tradition with us. At least he color-coordinates it! I want a real one, but I spend all of my $$s on dishes, so he keeps me happy with these! Isn't he a good Son? LOL

This was my first experience with making placecards. This one isn't too bad. In the ones above I didn't allow for the depth of the opening in the holder. I was too lazy to go back and re-make them. Next time they will be better. Live and learn.

Terry (DS) said to be sure y'all saw the eyeball he put on top of the Jack-o-lantern with the raven that I ran all over town looking for

Cute little tea-light holder

If I could just take a clear picture!

Tired of pictures yet?

I will do another post of some of the rest of the decorations.

Thanks for looking.

Betty

Comments (19)

Sponsored
More Discussions