SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

X-post re Bathroom showers

mtnrdredux_gw
10 years ago

The MBA in our beachhouse is tiny and the shower leaks. We are going to make it into just a water closet, and take over another bedroom to expand the MBA.

So, we have a blank slate. I'd like to do something different, because I always do, and because we finished our CT house only three years ago and I don't want to do what we just did there in those bathrooms (frameless shower doors, wetrooms, pedestal tubs with "telephones", you know).

Isn't it funny, that now a built-in tub seems new and exciting. LOL. Or I may get a clawfoot and paint it a fun color.

As for the shower, we will probably put a 4' square in a corner. Looking for something different and something that sort of felt 1906-y, i priced something like this, in white:

{{gwi:1487642}}

So, I knew it wouldn't be easy or cheap, but hey, I am game. It took me three weeks to get a quote. It will take 22 weeks lead time, and the cost is $15,520 (right angle, true divided light as per this rendering, 48" each side) . A normal frameless glass right angle would have cost $2400.

{{gwi:1487643}}

So I said to the guy, gee, I guess that is a little indulgent, isn't it! Then he told me that he was doing a job for someone where the shower door was $26,000 ... it had a frame all around it, in solid polished nickel. He was telling me that lately people don't want frameless anymore, since we all have it now, and they are looking for frames!

People (self included) are funny, huh? And this is in Maine, not NYC.

I actually want the shower to have wall, a real wall, and then a curtain on one side. DH thinks I am craz-zey!

Comments (14)