SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blubird_gw

Bathroom redo help x post

blubird
7 years ago

I know this is the kitchen forum; the bathroom forum is much slower and am getting no responses.

My son needs to redo his master bath. The shower is leaking and is too small for him and his wife. He's a big guy and the 36x36 corner shower is inadequate. He would also like to expand the closet. This bathroom is on the 2nd floor. It appears that there is a dropped ceiling on the first floor from the window area to just before the shower.

what cannot change: the physical space for the area, including bathroom, closet and dressing area (get ready area), the window, and probably the location of the toilet and vanity.

what can change: the location of the doorways, the walls between the bathroom and dressing area and closet walls. In question is whether that bathroom wall in the picture is load bearing. We shall have to investigate. The dressing area can disappear into the bathroom and or closet. The item next to the toilet is a hot water baseboard heater. It is not as large as is drawn and can be modified.

I'm hoping to get some suggestions to improve this mess.

Comments (21)