SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

eBay lamp transformation

My3dogs ME zone 5A
15 years ago

I have a thing for old lamps, especially Bouillotte or transferware ones, or vintage brass and marble.

Last week, I won this large (30") unusual torchiere style lamp on eBay for $26. The style was a bit much for me, and I intended to re-do it to a more typical style. The heavy brass base with animal paw feet, although interesting, was going to come off!

That became a priority when it arrived with the 'saucer' part broken into several pieces. It was insured, but the part I really wanted was intact - the vase portion and some of the original hardware that I could re-use. It's made in England, a Clarice Cliff design, and a modified version of the Tonquin print that I usually see.

I had this silk Pottery barn shade in Walnut color on hand, and hoped to use it. After a trip to a local lighting store, and spending some time in their back room with their wonderful assortment of parts, this is the result! I put it together with their hardware while there so I'd be sure I had what I needed, and wired it when I got home, after taking this pic, with the new wooden base.

And here it is this morning. What I noted about this pic, is that EVERYTHING, except the gourds and leaves in the wooden bowl, and the candles in the English brass candlesticks is from eBay! The secretary, the lamp, the candlesticks, the bowl, the tole box, and the clock in a wooden frame, collected over years. Too bad there's already a book out on how one can decorate their house via eBay! Between that and Craigslist, I have some unique things that I really enjoy.

Comments (29)