SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

It's getting embarrassing, but lightning has struck on eBay again

My3dogs ME zone 5A
15 years ago

PLEASE don't hate me because I found another huge bargain!

I think my luck comes from having eBay as a 'hobby', and spending more time on it than i probably should, but I have reaped so many $$ benefits and learned so much. Another thing is stumbling on great items with bad titles, which was the case for this lamp.

I almost hesitate to post this, because I haven't even admitted to my great cyber buddy 'chijim' that I bought another lamp....But I was the ONLY bidder on this lamp Sunday, and I think it was because of the title of the auction, which was "Elegant Solid Brass Base dual bulb Table Lamp w/ Shade".

If the seller had mentioned the style of it - Bouillotte or candlestick - in the title, it would have attracted far more bidders. I was the ONLY one and got it at the opening bid price of $34. :-) I thought it looked like one I had seen in the past, and I have just discovered the other one...

Drum roll, please. All pics are from the eBay auctions.

This is my $34.00 lamp, which is in the mail to me from Las Vegas. Note the 'swans' holding up the three candlesticks.

This is the one on eBay now at a Buy It Now price of $240.00. The seller has already sold one for the same price as he did have a pair of them. Look familiar? They are the exact same style. This one below can be had for just over 7 times what I paid for mine. The link to it on eBay is below.

I'll end with a cute story from my 84 year old mother! I always call her when I find that I have gotten a big bargain, and lately, there have been some good ones. I just told her about this lamp, and joked that she may want to 'kiss my ring' for luck the next time we get together. She said, 'I thought you were going to say 'Kiss your A$$!'

Here is a link that might be useful: eBay $240 one

Comments (18)