SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
quilter_robbi

I think I've almost talked dh into painting the paneling...

16 years ago

at least part of it. The paneling in the room is on the walls and the ceiling. We have a gambrel roof, so the ceiling breaks in 2 sections, so part of the wall on the upper part is on an angle. It makes decorating those walls upstairs very difficult! I suggested we leave the ceiling (including angle part) in the paneling (at least for now) and paint the horizontal parts, including the wall on the ends of the room that are flat (I hope that made sense). I'm going to start with a small section on the mezzanine to show him how good it will look!! :-) Then I will tackle the main living room.

One question I had was, should I fill in the lines on the paneling or just paint it? I wasn't sure if it would look like too much like I just painted the paneling since I will be leaving the ceiling alone. The ceiling would be a LOT of work (I'm guessing it's at least 15-20 high), so I'd like to leave it for now.

Here's a few pictures of what I have to deal with (sorry if you've already seen all this).

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Please ignore the stairs, these are temporary. We're getting them resurfaced and they're just not finished yet.

I'm making progress!! Yeah!!!

Comments (30)