SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
meg711_gw

remember my problem with my designer & outdoor furniture?

meg711
13 years ago

Hi all,

I was doing a search online and found one of my very, very old threads about my then-ongoing saga with my former interior designer (FID) and thought it was finally time to write a post-script. I won't bore you with the details again, but it involves her having ordered knock off furniture rather than the furniture we had seen in the store. We eventually went to binding arbitration and then to court and, during this process, learned of several other clients who had similar stories. (I found two of them through GW!)

One client had purchased furniture from FID. Despite her having paid in full, this client never received her furniture. The client got fed up with the designer's delay tactics and finally called the manufacturer. Once she learned that the designer had never placed an order, and had never paid the manufacturer, the client went to the police and pressed criminal charges.

Suffice it to say that our FID was convicted of felony theft about two weeks ago. She will be sentenced in about two weeks and may face jail time.

As far as getting our money back, that might take a while: FID and her dear attorney-husband recently filed for bankruptcy protection--the second time in less than eight years.

Just thought you'd all want to hear the outcome. Thank you all for your support and advice through this process. It has certainly been enlightening!

Here is a link that might be useful: link to old thread

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz