SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jill249

Share your rooms with dark wood trim and molding...

jill249
14 years ago

Hello,

I am looking for some inspiration for paint and a color scheme to go with the dark wood molding and trim in our new house. I usually love thick white trim and molding, but this new place has dark molding, trim and doors all over the first floor. Painting it white is NOT an option because it's actually really beautiful, just not what I am used to.

I am a total decorating moron, so I am looking for some pics or ideas on a color scheme for the first floor. I am not a fan of anything too warm, peachy or pink. Below are some pics of the house on the day we closed. We have engineered Brazilian cherry floors and a very neutral ceramic in the kitchen. I haven't yet selected a carpet for the family room (with the fireplace) because I am trying to pin down the rest of the color scheme.

Sorry this is soooo long but I have never had this much space to decorate. It's beginning to seem like a daunting task at this point. But I am very excited and am looking forward to the help and suggestions from this forum.

Thanks!

Jill

Family Room

From Living Room into Dining Room

Breakfast Nook

Kitchen from nook

Entryway (ignore my mom :)

Dining Room (the seller took all the fixtures and messed up a lot of walls...)

Comments (22)