SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
theresse_gw

Soothing blue walls needed to go with gold silk bedroom curtains

theresse
10 years ago

Hello -

I keep looking and looking and am having quite a hard time with this, surprisingly!

My walls have been periwinkle blue for 12 years, in the master bedroom of an old house, and it's time for a change - though I'll keep the trim white.

A few days ago I bought a lovely "porcelain blue" velvet quilt/coverlet from Pottery Barn (has a silky material on the reverse side). I'll include the link to the item. The description online is incorrect BTW when it says dryclean only (strange). I'd like to find a matching or close blue-green-gray color for the walls. I don't want it too green or sage, nor too minty, nor too "baby blue." Amazing, how difficult this is! BM's "Porcelain Blue" seems a bit strong or dark or bright but it does seem to be closest to the color I like. I was just concerned that it's not soft or sleep-inducing enough. Truth be told, I've always loved Restoration Hardware's old Silver Sage color and it might be just perfect. I just feel like it's been overdone to death. But I guess it'll be my fall back plan. ;)

Any other great colors you know of?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Same color as blue pillow, only it's the Channel style quilt

Comments (12)