SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
homeagain_gw

Bedroom Mini Make-over Complete (pics)

homeagain
12 years ago

As some of you know I have been on a quest to update most of the rooms in my house for the last few months. So far we have made-over the formal dining room and study, both of which are right off the foyer and the first rooms you see upon arrival.

My most recent project is my teenage (for just a while longer) son's room. He just left for his second year at college and we decided on a palette before he left. His room has remained mostly unchanged for the 6 years we have lived here and he had mostly the same things in our last home, where we lived for 4 years. So definitely time for updating.

He chose the duvet and sheets (west elm) and the fabric for the drapes. We had originally planned to use BM Gray Owl but it ended up much too light in his room. We tried the next color on the strip - Sea Haze- but it was too green. I ended up mixing the two together in equal parts and this is what we ended up with. The paint is BM's Aura line in Matte.

before...

after...the first photo is without flash and the colors show more true even though it's dark and rainy today.

The bedskirt is existing and much too country. I'm thinking that the white and gray circle fabric on the throw pillow might work for a bedskirt. I only ordered enough for two throw pillows, which I haven't made yet, but I could order more.

bad attempt to show fabric for bedskirt

I'm a little scared to ask for opinions but I certainly don't want the room to come across as "girly". I think that because I've live with it in a not very decorated state for so many years that to actually have a pulled together room is hard for me to get used to.

So, when looking at the photos think about the fact that a soon to be 20 year old male will be occupying this room several months of the year and give your thoughts based on that. I can handle it.....I think.

Oh and that sad little table on the right of the bed needs something, I know.

Comments (30)