SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valinsv

Has Anyone ever refringed their rug?

Valerie Noronha
15 years ago

I am thinking of refringing a Karastan rug I bought a few months ago on CL. Not only is the fringe rather ratty, worn, it is simply too long for the area on my DR where there is a traffic pattern.

{{!gwi}}

I much prefer a shorter fringe without the tassels similar to the newer Karastans. Like in this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=170256409378

I did not invest too much money in this rug ($300) and would like to DIY if possible. I was wondering if I could order a shorter replacement fringe and glue it on with my glue gun. I don't think my sewing maching would be sturdy enough to sew it on, but if others have had success with that, I can give that a try also.

As I am not sure if I will keep this rug long term, do you think it would sell better with the original, but ratty fringe (not sure it could be cleaned up) or refringed? I'm not looking to make money on this rug, but would like to recoup my investment should I find something better in the future.

Lastly, does anyone have any suggestions where I can buy the fringe?

Comments (10)