SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kevinmp_gw

Finished Kitchen Remodel

KevinMP
10 years ago

This has been a phased project. When I moved in, it had a new kitchen, but nothing that I was able to select.

This is an old urban row home (c. 1826), so keep that in mind when you wonder why it's so small, etc.

I've worked with the old cabinets, but painted the boxes and ordered new drawer and cabinet fronts. I then added a wall unit with the honed calacatta gold counter top and backsplash where there used to be nothing (I had temporary, open Ikea shelving for a while). I added the honed calacatta gold backsplash around the rest of the kitchen and put in a Dacor DR30D dual fuel professional range (which I love). The black granite then cracked, and I replaced it and the 4" backsplash with honed marron cohiba (a.k.a. antique brown granite) and continued down with the 4" honed calacatta gold tiles. At the same time, I had the 27", integrated (700TCI) Subzero fridge/freezer built in to give me the 3" countertop I needed to the left of the Dacor range. To do that, I had to order some new cabinet components and I ordered some fluted pieces for either side of the range, some lightrail for the rest of the cabinets, and re-designed/positioned the moulding to run it all up to the ceiling (while I was at it). Finally, I swapped out the old high hats for LEDs and added a reproduction iron and brass pendant with mirrored interior dome. Some paint touch up, and it's nearly completed. Just a few more touch ups.

I'll post details if you need them, but there are just so many, and I don't want to inundate you if you're not interested. Thanks for your help along the way, and enjoy.

Before they put in the kitchen it was a sunroom:

This is what it looked like when I moved in (after the previous owners had put in the kitchen and after I had painted it green just to put something other than the high gloss white they had everywhere):

After/now:

Comments (26)