SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamgoddess_01

Need help finishing my kitchen remodel

dreamgoddess
14 years ago

For the last couple of months, we've been working on remodeling our kitchen as we have time. I've run into a problem in this area and can't seem to come up with a solution.

Right now, my computer desk is sitting in the kitchen. I want to move the desk into my living room and put in a set of upper and lower cabinets beside the hoosier cabinet. The problem is that the counter tops on my cabinets are one of the few things we aren't replacing. New counter tops are definitely not in the budget, so they can't be replaced just to be able to put in another set of cabinets on this side of the room.

I've found an enamel work top online from an old hoosier cabinet that perfectly matches the work top on mine. I had considered buying it to use as a counter top for the new cabinets, but I'm just not sure that's what I'd like to have on the cabinets.

Does anyone have any suggestions for anything else I could use to make a counter top? Ideas are greatly appreciated as I really need to add some more cabinet space in the kitchen.

Comments (10)