SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

My New Southwestern Hacienda Kitchen Remodel is Finished! Pics

lynninnewmexico
16 years ago

It took years in the planning and almost three months to completely gut and remodel our kitchen, but it's finally done . . . and I am soooo glad! Many thanks to all here who helped me with the plethora of decisions I had to make. You saved me time, money and, more importantly, my sanity! With this remodel, we completely changed the kitchen footprint, but didn't add any square footage. Ours is a hacienda-style, all adobe home in the mountains of New Mexico between Santa Fe & Albuquerque. Our goal was to create a kitchen that would give us the Old World look in keeping with the rest of the house but with the modern amenities we need, since we're a family who loves to cook and entertain.

Although the cherry cabs and brick floors do look dark in some of the pictures, in reality, this room faces south and west and is very light and bright with all our big windows. The dark cabs actually are actually very restful on the eyes here. We worked hard to keep our new kitchen beautiful, but not so busy that it would distract from our beautiful mountain views and the artwork we wanted to include in here.

I'm hoping I'll be able to add my pics to the Finished Kitchens Blog, but for now, I'm included a few pictures of it here and a link to the rest of my completed kitchen pics in my WebShots album.

Here's the link to that album: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2425202820048377878tAkOxl

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (40)