SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spencer_electrician

does this look expensive to you? funny response from angry person

While most home investors in bad parts of town usually waste my time for a free estimate on work I never get. This one had the nerve to tell me how expensive I am. I was kicking my self for sending out an estimate this low to begin with. Figured it could at least keep my guys busy. This is for a complete re-wire with most rooms keeping walls and ceilings.

His Response: "Spencer,

Wow. In which world are you living in... You are competing in a troubled economy and your estimate is WAY over the roof. I have people with years of experience with ins. and bonded giving me estimates of one third of yours. I hope you can take constructive criticism . I have done many houses before and never had a estimate so blown off the roof. Sorry you wasted your time.

John

Permit and Inspection coordination 150.00

New 100 amp service panel, rigid mast through the roof with

flashing, ground rod, new grounding to water pipe, new meter. 1,000.00

Dryer Circuit (30 amp, 4 wire) 100.00

Wire Kitchen to code. 2 20 amp counter top circuits with required GFCIs, Garbage disposal and dishwasher circuit, refrigerator dedicated circuit, general light switch at both doors. (Room down to studs) 380.00

Bathroom- Code required GFCI with 20 amp circuit, vent fan (fan included), installation of (customer supplied) wall light fixture. (Room down to studs). HVAC, Plumber, or Contractor will need to provide ducting to the vent fan. 165.00

6" can light with trim ring, bulb, and installation. Price assuming no existing ceiling. Kitchen Can Lights

4 @ 45.00, 180.00

Laundry Room- Dedicated circuit to washing machine, installation of (customer supplied) ceiling light fixture. (Room down to studs) 135.00

Back room off of laundry- wired to code with general outlets and ceiling light (customer supplied) with switch. (Room down to studs) 120.00

Install (customer supplied) porch light on back porch. Install outdoor GFCI receptacle and in-use cover on back porch. 85.00

Basement- One general use GFCI outlet, General bare bulb lights wired with switch at top of stairs. Dedicated circuit to Furnace 175.00

Living room- re-wire outlets to code, front porch light (customer supplied light fixture). Install provisions for ceiling fan and install (customer supplied) ceiling fan at trim out. Minimal holes in walls may need to be made in order to fish where access is not available. 215.00

Room left of front door- re-wire outlets to code, Install provisions for ceiling fan and install (customer supplied) ceiling fan at trim out. Minimal holes in walls may need to be made in order to fish where access is not available.

Install 3 way switch for stairwell. Few holes may be needed for the 3 way line and the smoke alarm feed in the 2nd floor ceiling. 140.00

2nd floor- Bring outlets up to minimum spacing and replace wiring to code. Install ceiling light fixtures (customer supplied) at trim out. 365.00

Interconnected smoke alarm system as required by code- One in each bedroom, one in 2nd floor top of stairs, one on first floor, one in basement. Cost of alarms included.

Outdoor outlet (GFCI) with in-use cover for front yard 45.00

240 volt circuit with disconnect to Central AC unit. $120 if needed, the heating and cooling company may include this

This bid brings the house to compliance with the current electrical

Total

$3,750.00

Comments (10)