SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19695690

Looking for a couple things and a funny story...

User
14 years ago

All this talk of Mulberries has me wanting to buy a couple plants....I know someone mentioned the variety "east coast" I think it was, does anyone know of a vendor as I could not find one?

I am also looking for a local place to buy a "ice cream" banana pup if anyone knows of a vendor in central Florida?

Now the story, well stories, both of which involve Craigs list. So last Fall I posted a ad with the title "wanted, Ice cream banana pup" The post lasted a few hours when I was notified it had been deleted so I posted to the craigs list forum and asked why the deletion......the reason? I was informed it was not allowed to post ads selling puppies or kittens. I was at a bit of a loss but chuckled and in hopes of clearing up confusion I replied I was not selling a puppy or kitten, I was looking for a banana plant "pup". The reply was it does not matter if you are selling a puppy or posting ads looking for pups selling puppies or posting ads looking for puppies was not allowed. I was so flabbergasted I did not even respond.

I don't give up that easily so I reworded it and posted a new ad titled.... "looking for a young banana plant of the variety "ice cream". I had high hopes and this ad did stay up but the only response I got was the following reply from Lisa: "Hi I saw your ad looking for the banana, I have most of a 1/2 gallon container of Bluebell banana ice cream left if you want to stop over and get it. I have two small kids and they will never eat it all". I mentioned the reply to my dear wife and she got irked with me for talking to strange flirty women. I tried to point out I had not talked to her...that I had simply been trying to find a plant. It was like trying to explain a young banana plant is called a pup all over again......I said yes dear, very sorry and decided to suspend my pup search........

Until now:)

Comments (13)