SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blondelle_gw

Victimized by an electrician - PLEASE help!

blondelle
11 years ago

We have a basement flood damaged by the hurricane and I had an electrician in there that was the biggest crook I've ever seen. One of the things he did was change the electric in the basement to the wrong apt. after I specifically told him to keep it on the line where it was, and then he charged me for it. Is there anyway to see if he changed it back so that area's electric goes on the right apt.?

Also, I'm confused. When you put the light switches to on there after the flood there was no lights. Would changing the receptacles (plug outlets) which were water damaged fix that? He lied about so many things he did, I can't even ask him anything.

Are there any electricians here? Would someone be so kind to talk to me by phone if I left an e-mail address for a phone #.

I'm just so upset. I haven't paid him yet. I have no contract, and he refused to tell me what anything costs before hand. He gave me nothing in writing and he has nothing in writing. Can you still file a contractor's lien with no contract or paperwork? It's seems it's almost 2.5 times what it should be. I'm just beyond myself as I trusted this person.

You wouldn't believe what else this man did!

Comments (21)