SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fleur222

Electrician Will Be Here Today, Advice please

fleur222
14 years ago

Hope you will not be thrown off by the lack of planning, that is a whole story, but basically I need to get the lighting up quickly and I do not have a plan other than the following: My kitchen space is 9 x 14. The cabinets will be in a U shape. Actually one side of the U is short and the other ends in a small peninsula. I am planning for recessed lights and a couple of pendants over the peninsula. I was also thinking of a single pendant matching the others over the sink. (which has a window above it) The electrician suggested 6 inch can lights, which he will purchase. What should I advise about any particular brand of can? What light bulb would you suggest? I do not like the idea of the bulbs that get so hot, and I want a softer, warm look as my cabinets will be white. I do need plenty of light though for my aging eyes. I was thinking about 6 recessed lights placed around the perimeter about 3 inches from the soon to be grey countertop. What do you think about undercabinet lighting? I am used to a big florescent light and a 1960's " disco like"globe on a chain! (can't wait to get rid of it, but my son just told me yesterday that his friends say it is cool!) So although I want a well lit kitchen, if I do not need the undercabinet lighting, I am thinking it is just more added expense for such a small kitchen. Thanks for helping.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH