SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janepa_gw

I bought white dinnerware today.Great buy.Thanks for your advice.

janepa
15 years ago

Today I bought Mikasa Antique White #HK400 Ultima, service for 8, which includes a vegetable bowl, a round meat platter, a creamer, and sugar bowl w/lid. They are stamped 'freezer, oven, microwave, dishwasher safe'.I also got a huge pasta bowl with 4 pasta servers (which I can also use as veggie bowls, etc.) This is also Antique White, but not stamped as the Ultima. I paid $186.49, inc. tax and I am very pleased. The dinner plates are large, which my husband likes. We have always had Corelle for our everyday dishes. I am using these for 'everyday' use and special occassions since they are so pretty, and substantial. I got them at our local BonTon, after checking ALL stores in the area that offer dinnerware.

Thank you all for your advice and suggestions. I now have another question -

What extra pieces would you add? I was thinking of possibly getting the larger coffee (I think there is a misprint on the size 8.3" ? of these on Amazon) or cappucino mugs 4.5", salt & pepper shakers, cereal bowls, fruit bowls, and coffee server (don't think me strange, but I would use this to serve gravy/sauces. I have never liked gravy boats.) etc.

What would you recommend? My family needs suggestions for my Christmas gifts, and I thought the extra pieces would make it easy for them.

Thanks again. Jane

PS: Amazon has some great buys on this pattern, but I wanted to have the dinnerware in time for Thanksgiving.

Comments (3)