SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thermsen_gw

Mid-trim/cabinet painting question

thermsen
13 years ago

I am repainting my oak cabinets and am trying to find a color for the kitchen. The uppers are Swiss Coffee and the lowers and island are Bittersweet Chocolate (BM). I was going to paint the walls Oakwood Manor and then switched to Decatur Buff and then I decided to put the Swiss Coffee on the soffit to see how that would look and I kind of like how that heightens the cabinets and kind of gives a sophisticated look to the space. I don't know if I could just paint the soffits the white and the rest of the kitchen Decatur Buff? I have attached a photo of the other side of the kitchen before it was painted. I don't really think I want a kitchen that is all white, but not sure. That would be a HUGE change for me! I am planning on using apple green and red accents in this space. The wall will also carry over to the top portion of the dining room. There is now beadboard in the dining room that will be a different color. I couldn't take a photo of that side this morning with the new trim color because the sun was blaring in the window and the photo was too dark to see. We will also be putting in a new backsplash soon. Probably either glass subway tiles in a light brown/taupe or white subway tile with either dark grout or white. The microwave and oven will also be replaced with stainless steel in the near future. The oven is currently 18 years old! Also - do you think I should paint the edges of the counters the Bittersweet Chocolate? We left them oak when we first had them installed - BIG mistake! Any help or comments here would be appreciated! Excuse the mess!!

Comments (2)